The aims of the AAF (C) are to promote and foster competitive coarse angling in the British Army for serving and ex-serving members of the Regular Army, the Reserves and their dependants. To achieve this the AAF(C) is sub divided into 6 UK Regionally based groups for match angling and a carp group. Additionally there is a currently still a group covering Germany. Each of the groups runs competitive fixtures leading to qualification for the various Army Championships and ultimately selection for representative teams. Main fixtures each year include:
- Army Command Individual Championships
- Army Pairs Championships
- Army Masters Championships
- Army Individual Championships
- Army Clubman Championships
- Army Team Championships
- Inter Group Championships (President’s Shield)
- Inter Corps Championships
- Army Fur & Feather
Additionally AAF (C) fields representative teams in the:
- Inter Services Championships
- Angling Trust UK Division 1 National Championships
- Sensas International Challenge
- Army Individual Carp Championships
- Army Carp Team Championships
- Inter Corps Carp Championships
Additionally AAF (C) Carp section fields representative teams in the:
- Inter Services Carp Championships
Army Coarse anglers are competing at the very highest level both within the Army and on the civilian circuit at national and international level. We also have individuals hold senior Board level appointments on National Governing Bodies
Membership of the Federation is divided into 2 categories:
All serving ranks of the Regular Army, Army Reserve and those on FTRS terms of service.
- Dependants of serving members of the Regular Army.
- Ex-serving members of the Army, Army Reserve and those on FTRS.
- MOD (A) civilian staff.
Associate membership is limited up to a maximum of one third of the total membership. The number is limited so as to preserve the charitable status of the Federation. The Federation through our Chairman reserves the right to authorise or decline associate membership, each application will be looked at individually.
Benefits and Subscriptions:
The annual subscription of £10.00 is payable by all members and runs from 1st January to 31st December; the cost of subscription is to reviewed annually.
- Free fishing line when you join the federation.
- Potential to win prizes and trophies at the three annual Soldier Palmer fishing events; as well as receiving a free line or tackle.
- Presents many opportunities to participate in a wide range of annual events and competitions organised by both the Federation and national fishing bodies. These include qualifying rounds for both team and individual finals; in some cases providing the opportunity to fish national qualification matches which in turn could lead to international selection.
- Become eligible for selection to compete in the Inter-service competitions, and thus qualify for Army Colours.
- Be covered by third party liability insurance arranged by the Federation for all fishing during Federation and Federation representative events.
- Be represented at the sport’s national governing bodies and all relevant Army boards and forums.
- Opportunity to purchase angling equipment at discount prices through various angling trade deals.
- Free access to Anglian Water season tickets purchased by the Federation.
- Coaching and training from qualified and highly experienced instructors, including fly tying.
|23 Aug - 24 Aug||REME Team Practice||Swinsty Reservior||NTA||Pending Authority|
|27 Sep - 01 Oct||Ex AUTUMN TRAP (RE Team Event)||The Birtch Carp Syndicate||NTA||Pending Authority|
- Chairman – Lt Col ‘H’ Harrison
- Secretary/Treasurer – Capt Kev East
- Media Officer – Spr Ryan Gibson
- Army Team Manager – SSgt Boris Kilner
- Army Team Captain – Cpl Gaz Evans
- Secretary Group 1 – South East – WO1 Rick Wade
- Secretary Group 2 – South West – WO2 Brian Parsons
- Secretary Group 3 – East – WO1 Joe Comerford
- Secretary Group 4 – Wales & West Midlands – SSgt Daz Dale
- Secretary Group 5 – North – Sjt L McGinlay
- Secretary Group 6 – Scotland – Maj Gus Brindle
- Chairman – Capt Dave Greenland
- Secretary –
The Army Match Team are very grateful and proud to be currently sponsored by: